Information sourced from CHESS newsletters
The current decade continues to build on the past while looking to the future. A new building for Year 9 has enhanced their learning, and students in all year levels have had opportunities to engage in many learning experiences outside the classroom. Senior students have taken on leadership roles with commitment and enthusiasm and received strong support from staff.
- The musical Singing in the Rain was staged.
- Students were selected to go to Nepal as part of The World Challenge Expedition.
- Ms Jill Laughlin commenced as Principal.
- The Performing Arts Festival was a celebration of student talent.
- The SRC ran a Respect and Responsibility Week to address core values.
- The school community celebrated the 70th A symphonic work was commissioned and performed. It incorporates “School of our youth”.
- Anzac Day included reflections from students who had visited Gallipoli and the Western front.
- Chinese teachers from Suzhou visited the school and planned exchange visits.
- The Battle of the Bands was staged by Year 12 students.
- The Enterprise Centre was opened and would become “home” for Year 9.
- Year 7 students participated in Peer Support sessions with Year 10 students.
- A student forum was led by the Year 12 captains and SRC presidents.
- The Basketball Courts were completed and ready for use.
- Students were selected for trips to France or Greece and Italy.
- The musical Rent, with its’ challenging themes, was staged.
- The 2014 High Achievers came back to share tips and advice with Year 12.
- Six Year 9 students spent Term 2 at the Alpine School for Student Leadership.
- Year 12 prepared for the year with a 2-day program at St Hilda’s College.
- Year 7 continued the tradition of a camp at Portsea.
- The musical Aida was staged.
- The school celebrated its 75th anniversary with various activities including a lunchtime debate “Is education in 1941 better than education in 2016?”, students were sponsored for Run for the Oval and the band played at the Open Night.