Sourced from A Jubilee Retrospective by Robert Ewins and CHESS newsletters
• The musical Singing in the Rain was staged.
• Students were selected to go to Nepal as part of The World Challenge Expedition.
• Ms Jill Laughlin commenced as Principal.
• The Performing Arts Festival was a celebration of student talent.
• The SRC ran a Respect and Responsibility Week to address core values.
• The school community celebrated the 70th Anniversary. A symphonic work was commissioned and performed. It incorporates “School of our youth”.
• Anzac Day included reflections from students who had visited Gallipoli and the Western front.
• Chinese teachers from Suzhou visited the school and planned exchange visits.
• The Battle of the Bands was staged by Year 12 students.
• The Enterprise Centre was opened and would become “home” for Year 9.
• Year 7 students participated in Peer Support sessions with Year 10 students.
• A student forum was led by the Year 12 captains and SRC presidents.
• The Basketball Courts were completed and ready for use.
• Students were selected for trips to France or Greece and Italy.
• The musical Rent, with its’ challenging themes, was staged.
• The 2014 High Achievers came back to share tips and advice with Year 12.
• Six Year 9 students spent Term 2 at the Alpine School for Student Leadership.
• Year 12 prepared for the year with a 2 day program at St Hilda’s College.
• Year 7 continued the tradition of a camp at Portsea.
• The musical Aida was staged.
• The school celebrated its 75th anniversary with various activities including a lunchtime debate “Is education in 1941 better than education in 2016?”, students were sponsored for Run for the Oval and the band played at the Open Night.